A cookie is a file which is downloaded to your computer or other device when accessing certain webpages, and which gathers information on your browsing at this website. In some cases, cookies are needed to facilitate browsing, and to store/recover information on the browsing habits of a user or his/her device, among other things. In accordance with the information they contain and how the device is used, cookies can be useful in recognizing the user.
Identification of cookies used
The cookies used at this website can be classified as follows:
- Cookies próprios: These cookies are sent to the user's terminal device through equipment or a domain managed by the publisher and providing a basis for the service requested by the user.
- Third-party cookies: These cookies are sent to the user's terminal device through equipment or a domain which is not managed by the publisher, but instead by another entity who processes the data obtained from the cookies.
- Session cookies: These cookies gather and store data while the user is accessing a webpage.
- Persistent cookies: These cookies store data in the terminal so as to be accessible and processed for a time period pre-defined by the cookie's manager, ranging from a few minutes to several years.
- Technical cookies: These cookies allow the user to browse through a webpage, platform or application, as well as use the different options or services found there.
- Profile cookies: These cookies allow the user to access a service with several general characteristics pre-defined according to criteria in the user's terminal, such as language, type of browser used to access the service, regional configuration for accessing the service, etc.
- Analytics cookies: These cookies allow their manager to monitor and analyse user behaviour at the websites to which they are tied. The information collected with this type of cookie is used in measuring activity at websites, applications and platforms. It is also used to create browsing profiles for the users of these websites, applications and platforms for the purpose of service enhancements.
The following table shows the cookies in the website www.galpenergia.com and the purpose of each one. See here the table of cookies.
Deactivation of cookies
You can accept, block or delete cookies installed on your device by configuring the options of the browser installed on the computer. Carefully read the browser's help section to learn more about how to activate "private mode" or unblock specific cookies.
- Internet Explorer: Tools -> Internet Options -> Privacy -> Settings.
For more information, please see Microsoft support or browser help.
Firefox: Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> History ->Personalized Configuration.
For more information, please see Mozilla support or browser help.
Chrome: Configuration -> Show advanced options -> Privacy -> Content settings.
For more information, please see Google support or browser help.
Safari: Preferences -> Security.
For more information, please see Apple support or browser help.
Deactivating or deleting cookies belonging to Google Analytics
Remember that if you delete your profile cookies, you will have to update your preferences each time you start a session at our webpage. In addition, if you use a different device or a computer or browser with another profile, you will have to tell us your preferences again. Similarly, this deletion may keep certain features from functioning properly.
Social network share buttons
We use share buttons in social networks so that our users may share webpages or select them as favourites. These include share buttons for outside social network websites. These social networks may record information on your Internet activities, including our webpage. You can review the conditions of use and privacy policies of these websites to know exactly how they use the information, and learn how to remove or delete this information.
Outside Web services
Sometimes, we use outside web services to show content within our webpages. For instance, we may want to show images and videos, or conduct surveys. As with share buttons for social networks, we cannot keep these external domains or websites from gathering information on the use of integrated content.
Communications via email
We may also use monitoring technologies to determine if you have read, clicked on or forwarded certain email messages we have sent; this allows our communications to be more useful and interesting. If you do not want us to confirm whether you have opened, clicked on or forwarded our messages, you must cancel this feature, since we are unable to send these emails with the monitoring function deactivated. Registered users may update their communication preferences at any time by contacting us, or may cancel the service by following the instructions shown in our email messages.
www.galpenergia.com attests that any change in the cookies appearing in this webpage may not be related to its maintenance and management; as such, periodic revisions are done to properly adapt the cookies policy.
www.galpenergia.com shall not be held liable for legal or technical problems for the user's failure to comply with the recommendations contained herein. This notice is intended for the knowledge and use of users and, as such, should not be used for any other purpose.
www.galpenergia.com shall not be held liable for the content and accuracy of the third-party privacy policies included in this cookies policy.
If you have any questions about this cookies policy, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.