Galp Energia has a system for analysing and accrediting work which constitutes a basic tool for human resources management.
The complexity and diversity of business activities with the company provides a wide range of job opportunities in which the models for remuneration are comparable with best practices on the market.
Corporate and support posts
- leads and collaborates in project analysis and implementation;
- supports management in defining business strategies.
- coordinates and controls the process of defining and implementing policies within their area of responsibility, meeting objectives and guaranteeing reliable and punctual responses.
- analyses and provides relevant and reliable management information to support decision-making;
- collaborates on recommending measures that enable objectives to be accomplished and tools developed to measure, control and create value.
Business planning technician
- defines the Network Plan, in accordance with business needs and development;
- identifies and proposes measures designed to optimise business;
- collects, processes and produces relevant information, such as market quotas and monitoring of competition.
Client management technician
- ensures the efficiency of customer support systems by managing external service providers;
- manages customer support content and processes, ensuring that the support document system is kept up-to-date, in collaboration with the internal business units.
Information systems technician
- plans, develops and ensures the functioning of the business unit (BU) Information Systems and Technologies, taking management needs into account in conjunction with the Galp Energia Group information systems strategic plan;
- ensures the rationalisation, integration and automatisation of processes and improvements to the operational performance of the BU.
Production planning technician
- develops methodologies and procedures associated with the planning cycle in terms of control and assessment, in order to optimise the gross margin for refining and distribution.
- carries out technical studies on oil exploration within the field of applied geosciences, to ensure improved technical supervision of projects;
- takes part in the exploration and development activities in which the company is involved, from a geophysical and geological perspective, contributing towards better project assessment.
- carries out studies and other technical activities in the field of reserves engineering (analysis of test drilling, reservoir behaviour simulation and performance monitoring, mechanisms to improve the recovery of oil and gas, estimates of oil initially in place (OIIP);
- promotes and advises on the execution of operations in accordance with technically appropriate norms and procedures, complying with safety and environmental protection standards.
ensures maintenance of the company environmental management system, respecting the objectives of the Galp Energia environmental policy, minimising environmental impact and ensuring compliance with current legislation.
- designs, proposes and implements risk prevention resources and techniques to encourage responsibility for good safety practices amongst company employees to ensure the physical integrity of Galp Energia human resources and assets.
Industrial and operational posts
Head of unit
- plans, directs, organises and controls the work of the production unit (refinery or plant);
- ensures reliable functioning of installations and guarantees maximum efficiency, profitability and safety of people and property.
Engineering project manager
- manages engineering projects, with reference to modification control and the investment budget, complying with technical standards, good state-of-the-art regulations and budgets.
Shift supervisor (refinery)
- coordinates and supervises shift work in accordance with production plans defined by those responsible for the plant and complying with operational environmental, health and safety standards, to ensure efficiency, profitability, reliability and the safety of people, property and equipment.
- coordinates and controls construction, operational and infrastructure maintenance activities for the distribution of natural gas in accordance with business needs and with reference to projects and their approved plans;
- guarantees fulfilment of contracts, project specifications, technical specifications, safety requirements and other current legislation.
- coordinates and controls conditions for optimising the profitability of processes by studying and planning the necessary alterations;
- implements methods to promote efficient and reliable production;
- complies with the refinery production programme, in accordance with the monthly plan, to ensure supplies for products;
- complies with quality, environmental and safety standards, respecting specifications and legislation.
- develops engineering projects in an industrial environment, in accordance with the engineering procedures manual and other standards, good state-of-the-art rules and budgets.
- programmes, proposes, implements, supervises and controls the entire process for the maintenance of static, dynamic, electrical, instrumentation and automated equipment, to ensure that it functions correctly and reliably.
Head of sales
- ensures marketing of products and services by managing the regional client management team;
- develops measures designed to create added value;
- controls individual performance in terms of yield, proactive monitoring of contracts, current accounts and technical assistance, in accordance with commercial objectives and the defined budget.
- ensures marketing of products in the area;
- guarantees commercial supervision;
- identifies business opportunities;
- seeks out and attracts new clients;
- strives to meet annual sales targets for volume, margin and contribution, under the most profitable conditions.
- takes part in and executes procedures for the purchase and sale of refined products on the international market or the acquisition and “trading-out” of crude oil on a spot and forward basis in accordance with the situation in the oil markets and technical and logistic restrictions, minimising the risks associated with market volatility;
- guarantees acquisition of the most appropriate grades of crude oil at the best prices.