Galp Energia has a duty to ensure that its products are placed in appropriate containers and arrive at your hands in perfect condition. We recommend that you ensure the proper storage of the products you purchased, which will also increase the lifetime of your product.
Improper storage contributes to the lost of lubricant qualities, since it favours product contamination with dust, dirt and moisture which can cause spillage.
Recommendations for storage and handling:
- Storage areas should be clean, dry and protected from sunlight and ventilation;
- The temperature of the storage area should not be less than -10 ° C or above +35 ° C;
- The products must be kept at more than 1 m from heaters or heating pipes, as well as areas where condensation may occur;
- If you have to store the lubricants outdoors for short periods of time, the containers must be placed or protected so that water cannot enter the opening. For example, in the case of barrels, they should be placed horizontally;
- You should periodically check the exterior appearance of the containers to find possible leaks, damage and rust;
- Containers should be kept closed to prevent contamination by dust, moisture or other impurities, as well as possible contamination by leakage from other packages;
- If you transfer a lubricant for a smaller package, ensure that the new container is clean, without any liquid and dirt. Should avoid pouring it;
- If the grease is stored for a long period, there may be some separation of the oil. You should not remove the separate oil; you should stir the batter the oil, which will merge again. You can avoid this situation by changing the position of the container once a month.